It’ been about two (2) months since I have posted to this blog.. I have had a busy Summer. It’s been about a week since I returned home from Puerto Rico after a week long visit and I enjoyed every minute of it. First time I actually went on a trip and could relax and actually feel like I was on a vacation. Today, I would like to share with you “7 Steps to Social Media Success”.
Social media success takes time, focus and dedication.
The following are 7 Steps to Getting Started Towards Success in Social Media:
- Mind your own business: #1 lesson of social media marketing, mind your own business. What are they saying about your product or service? Monitor your customers, partners, mentors and competitors but most importantly your customers. How are your customers and competitors using social media? Take notes… Learn how you can become more relevant to your customers and a force in the market place.
- Develop a Internet Marketing (Social Media) Plan: Based on what you learned during your monitoring or research, develop a plan that includes goals, objectives and strategy for social media platforms, audiences, partners and content. This should be planned and executed according to your insight. Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan.
- Establish Your Social Pages: At the minimum, other than website, you need a Facebook Page, Twitter Account, and LinkedIn profile and Page. Using a hub marketing concept will help you by targeting your niche markets. To help manage your social networks, I recommend using Hootsuite: Use the Hootsuite iPhone app to manage multiple Social Network accounts, update your Facebook & Twitter profile and fan pages, LinkedIn accounts as well as translate updates and messages from over 50 languages and schedule messages to be sent at a later date/time. You can also add geo-location coordinates to your updates and tweets to let your employees and customers know where you are.
- Execute: Now’s time to put your #1, 2, and 3 into effect. Start blogging and tweeting the content you developed in your social media platforms. Post Facebook post and share it with your friends. Don’t just post but engage! Get feedback and input from your followers. You’ll be surprised how many people will respond, become fans of your Facebook page, join your LinkedIn group or follow your business, take your survey and respond to an offer. Become Relevant and Create Unique Content. Gauge your performance periodically…
- Engage: It is important you don’t just post and promote. Pay attention to what your customers have to say. Reply when somebody posts on your Facebook Page or Group’s wall. If you see a new Twitter Follower who has a common interest, @them, send them a message. Social media is about interactions, conversations and relationships. Engage your audience and they will follow you and interact with you. Engagement leads to a channel of communication (interactions) which leads to a relationship built on trust. It is not until after you have ENGAGED and CONNECTED with your target audiences that you will ACHIEVE the business goals and objectives you are seeking.
- Monitor Marketing Efforts: Just like setting goals and objectives will help you measure your marketing performance, you must monitor your marketing efforts. Whether you’re a small business using a consulting firm or a one-man-band, who using a Free online monitoring service (Google Analytics or SiteMeter), regardless of method, measurement is key! Track your Facebook fans, monitor your post and LinkedIn updates as well as Tweets (Twitter) and twitter followers. Monitor and analyze whatever marketing element that can be used to improve your bottom-line.
- Make Constant Improvements: You’ve monitored your different marketing components, tweaked your approach, and streamlined your strategy, content and more. What now? CONTINUALLY MONITOR, MEASURE and MAKE IMPROVEMENTS! This is the key to social media. There is no perfect way to market online. You will have good days and bad but you will be able to make constant improvements and as you continue to monitor your marketing efforts and become more successful with time.
Creating a Facebook page or a Twitter account is just the beginning of the work ahead. The reward for your efforts is seeing your business grow, brand awareness rise, your goals and objectives bringing your dreams together. If you find yourself overwhelmed, I will be glad to assist you in developing an effective and efficient internet marketing strategy. Contact Me Today for a FREE Consultation.
Felix L. Griffin